Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!

Date : 23-Sep-2009

Time : 8.30 PM

Moment : Aditya has just returned from his friend Sudharshan's Birthday Party

Me : Hello Aditya! how was the party!

Aditya : Great Appa! Wished Sudharshan....Enjoyed the party a lot...had some cakes, wafers and chocolates...

Me: I see....Well, did you give him the gift? Did he like the idea of Book Vouchers?

Aditya : Yes I think, He would buy some books from the store

With some hesitation Aditya said "Appa! I think Sudharshan is lucky"

Me : (Beginning of a trouble :() What makes you think that way Aditya?

Aditya : He has got a Cool Computer gaming package which has around 80 games in it....all of them are really cool...there are even Spider man, Batman, Superman games in it (Hanuman???)

Me : Thats good - why did you say he was lucky?

With a pause Aditya said "I don't have it...."

Me : Not everything in the world can be owned by you....you have some cool toys that he doesn't have and since you are friends you can always share your toys

Aditya : But I still think he is Lucky!

Me : Aditya! stop comparing with someone who has something more than you have....remember the street children at The University Junction....they don't have money or even proper clothes, but you have a lot of them.  Don't you think you are lucky too?

Aditya : But I still think Sudharshan is Lucky Appa....

I gave him some more examples to convince that he was also Lucky.... This was going on.....for some more time....and this time (for a change) he wanted to close the discussion first...

"Appa! Well.....I'm convinced that I'm Lucky too.....but...,,I think Sudharshan is VERY LUCKY!!!!!"

I was speechless for some time....

No comments: